- When should I schedule a newborn session? When you are between 7-9 months pregnant. Contact me and let me know your due date and I will make a note that you are expecting within those weeks. Once the baby is born, we will schedule your session within the next week.
- How old should my newborn be? Newborn sessions are best before they are 12 days old. This is when they sleep the most and still have their flexibility for different posing positions.
- How long are newborn sessions? What should I expect? Newborn sessions will take between two-three hours. We will need to take breaks for feeding and changing. Try to keep baby awake and alert for the hour before your session. As soon as I arrive, try to feed your baby again until they are full. Also, try to dress your baby in non-restrictive clothing right before your session so they don't have lines in their skin. Lastly, newborns love heat. Please be prepared for a very warm environment and a sound machine to help them sleep.
- May I incorporate special props (favorite blankets, toys, meaningful items)? Of course. This will make your session unique to you and your family. We'll discuss props after you fill out your questionnaire upon scheduling your session.
- May we be in the photos? Of course. Immediate family members and siblings are welcomed to be in the photos as well.
- Will you be able to send an edited image for the birth announcement? Absolutely. My goal is always to email or text clients sneak peeks within 24-48 hours.
- When can I expect my images? You will view your edited gallery anywhere between 10-14 days after your session. From there, you can share and download your images.
© Devine Reith Photography