Cake Smash FAQ
- When should I schedule a cake smash session? At least 3-4 weeks before your child's 1st birthday. This gives us time to discuss a theme and/or colors for your child's session.
- What should my child wear? Anything you would like. Some clients like to match the theme or colors of your session. For girls- tutu's with a onesie or rompers look really cute. For boys- solid t's and jeans or button down with a tie and jeans look great. You can add in hats or necklaces as well.
- What does the Cake Smash Packages include?
- 30 minutes includes the session and 5 edited digital images of your choice. You may provide your own cake and props. $225
- 1 hour includes the session and 10 edited digital images of your choice. You may provide your own cake and props. $325
- Up to 1 hour and 30 minutes includes the session and 30+ edited digital images. 1-2 outfit changes. Props: letter's ("O" "N" "E"), balloons, clear cake stand, flag banner, and cake. You can choose cupcake or round style. $450
- May I incorporate special props (favorite blankets, toys, meaningful items)? Of course. This will make your session unique to you and your family. We'll discuss props after you fill out your questionnaire upon scheduling your session.
- What if my child doesn't eat the cake? This may happen. Some children love the cake smash and dig right in. Others are hesitant. I recommend making a cupcake or small cake and introducing the cake smash idea before (a few days before) our session date. This way, your child will be familiar with the process and will know that they can smash the cake. Also, bring or have on hand puffs or cheerios so we can stuff them into the cake. Your child will want to grab them out of the cake and eat it.
- Will I (mom or dad) get messy? You most likely will. You will have to show your child that they can eat the cake so you might have to take a bite yourself. Yum! Also, your child may stand up and walk or crawl around, so you will have to keep putting your child back into the designated space. Your will get frosting on your clothes so don't wear anything you do not want to get ruined.
- May I invite my family members to the session? I like to keep the maximum family members at this session to the immediate family members only. Too many people trying to get your child to smile or talking, will distract your child.
- May I be in the pictures with my child? Of course. We can start with family and sibling pictures. Then get into the messy fun.
- How will we clean up? I will bring paper towels, a garbage bag, and water to clean up. I recommend changing your child right at the cake smash site. Have wipes and a change of clothes ready to to go.
© Devine Reith Photography